Kenya’s Big Night at the World Travel Awards 2013
This annual event rewards innovative brands and companies in the travel and tourism industry all over the world. Many reckon it as the travel and tourism industry’s version of the Oscars. Some of the coveted categories are the Leading Airline, the Leading Airport, the Leading Beach Destination, the Leading Meetings & Conference Destination, Leading National Park, the Lading Tourist Attraction as well as the Leading Hotel among other awards.
The process starts with nomination of market leaders in the travel and tourism under the country, regional and global level. The shortlist of nominees is presented to the online audience to seek votes, and encourage participation of all key players globally.
Voters must register online, and they must be qualified professionals in the travel and tourism industry or consumer travel buyers. A vote cast by a professional in the industry counts as two votes while a vote cast by a non-professional counts as a single vote.
World Travel Awards 2013 marked the 20th award ceremony since the start of this innovative project. Africa, as a region, had a number of excellent companies and brands in the list of nominees from famous five star hotels and resorts to efficient airlines and exotic attractions.
Kenya’s World Travel Awards 2013 Winners
The gala dinner, at Safari Park Hotel & Casino brought together industry leaders and employees of renowned brands in the travel and tourism industry. The Safari Cat Dancers kept everyone entertained as everyone waited anxiously, for the award ceremony.
Kenya’s brands and companies kept going back and forth from the podium throughout as more winners were announced. In total, Kenya walked away with over 10 awards for
- Africa’s Leading Tourism Board – Kenya Tourism Board
- Africa’s Leading Airline-Business Class- Kenya Airways
- Africa’s Leading National Park- Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Africa’s Leading Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibitions (MICE) Hotel- Safari Park Hotel & Casino
- Africa’s Leading Eco-Hotel- Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge
- Africa’s Leading Eco-Lodge- Il Ngwesi Lodge
- Africa’s Leading Green Hotel- Aberdare Country Club
- Africa’s Leading New Hotel- Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
- Africa’s Leading Resort- Alfajiri Villas
- Africa’s Leading Spa Resort- Enashipai Resort & Spa
- Africa’s Leading Safari Lodge- Finch Hattons
The Africa & Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony 2015 will take place at the Kempinski Seychelles Resort.